SPRING RECITAL COSTUME FEES ARE DUE DECEMBER 1, 2021
2022 Spring Recital costume fees have been posted to all accounts. The Spring Recital performances are May 13-15, 2022. Please click 21-22 Spring Recital Performance List to view the breakdown of which classes perform in each performance.
At least one costume fee PER CHILD must be paid on or before December 1, 2021, in order to ensure your child’s participation in the May 2022 performances. Please note that hip-hop classes are not charged a costume fee because they do costumes on their own. Please login to your online account to make a payment or call our office at 441-1818 between 4:30 – 8:30 Monday through Thursday.
If you are declining recital participation, we must receive written notice at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1 to remove the costume fees charged.
COMPETITION SEASON KICKS OFF AT NYCDA!
Our Competition Season is kicking off with our Ensemble team attending NYCDA in Kansas City November 19! We are so proud of all our dancers and wish each of them the best of luck!
THANKSGIVING BREAK: NOVEMBER 23-28
CPAC will be closed Tuesday, November 23 – Sunday, November 28 for Thanksgiving break. Please note that classes ARE in session on Monday, November 22 as a make-up for Labor Day.
TODDLER REGISTRATION- WINTER SESSION
Returning Toddlers MUST register AGAIN in order to continue with the January – May session! Returning students may register beginning Thursday, November 18 at 5:00 pm. Registration will be via the parent portal – more details to come. Login and password will be required.
Registration for NEW Toddlers opens Monday, November 22 at 5:00 pm. Instructions will be available on the Schedule page of our website at that time. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration.
In order to celebrate our youngest dancers and the holiday season, we will be having our Holiday Recitals in December for our Movement for Children, Dance I, Dance II, and Dance III classes (Toddler classes do NOT perform).
Dancers will be receiving their holiday costumes to take home the week of November 15 as well as a note from their teacher with details regarding hair and costume pieces, in-class dress rehearsal, and their performance. These notes will also be emailed out to each class.
In-Class Dress Rehearsal: December 6-10. Please have your child dressed in their costume for dance class that week. This is simply another time for dancers to get to wear their costumes and practice on stage. Parents are welcome to attend dress rehearsal. Masks are required in our building.
Holiday Shows: December 13-16
• Holiday Recital Performance List
• Your dancer will NOT have their regular class that week if they are performing in the Holiday show.
• Classes will perform in 15-minute time slots with spectators limited to friends and family of that specific class as well as designated traffic flow entering and exiting the building.
• The performance takes the place of your final class for the semester.
• Teachers will provide more information regarding holiday costumes in the coming weeks.
• Holiday costume fees typically range from $20-$30 depending on teacher selections.
• Your dancer will perform the same night of the week that they have class EXCEPT Friday classes will perform on December 16.
• No tickets will be necessary.
• You may bring your video cameras and regular cameras.
• No live stream performances or professional videos will be available for purchase.
IMPORTANT DATES – MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
• November 23-28: Thanksgiving Break – Closed
• December 18-Jan. 2: Winter Break – Closed
• January 3: Classes Resume
• March 26-April 3: Spring Break Closed
• May 6: Last day of class
• May 9-12: Dress Rehearsal Week
• May 13-15: Spring Recitals
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICIES
The winter months are upon us and that brings the possibility of severe weather and canceled classes. We do NOT automatically cancel classes when Columbia Public Schools does. We try to make our decisions about cancellations by 1:00 pm. We will send out EMAIL to everyone when classes are canceled. To receive text message alerts regarding cancellations and closings, text CPACDANCE to 84483 for updates. Please like us on Facebook (CPAC – Columbia Performing Arts Centre) and follow us on Instagram (ColumbiaPerformingArtsCentre) to receive updates as well.
MONTHLY FINANCE CHARGES
Any tuition balances remaining will incur a 10% monthly finance charge until the tuition fees are paid in full. All account balances must be paid in full by April 1st.