NOVEMBER 2022 NEWSLETTER
CPAC NORTH DRIVE CLOSED
We will be having work done on our North driveway beginning Wednesday, November 9, and ending Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
We will need all dancers to enter & exit the CPAC building via the South Parking Lot Entrance facing Jimmy Johns. Please make arrangements with your dancer for drop off and pick up utilizing the South parking lot.
SPRING RECITAL COSTUME FEES ARE DUE DECEMBER 1, 2022
2023 Spring Recital costume fees have been posted to all accounts. The Spring Recital performances are May 12, 13 & 14, 2023. Please review the breakdown sent via email on November 7 of which classes perform in each performance (please note this is not the actual order of each performance).
At least one costume fee PER CHILD must be paid on or before December 1, 2022, in order to ensure your child’s participation in the May 2023 performances. Please note that hip-hop classes are not charged a costume fee because they do costumes on their own. Please login to your online account to make a payment or call our office at 441-1818 between 4:30 – 8:30 Monday through Thursday.
If you are declining recital participation, we must receive written notice at email@example.com no later than December 1 to remove the costume fees charged.
NOVEMBER TODDLER REGISTRATION – WINTER SESSION (JAN – MAY 2023)
Returning Toddlers currently enrolled in our 2-year-old 30-minute Toddler Class with Ms. Candace MUST register AGAIN in order to continue with the January – May session! Current CPAC families may register beginning Thursday, November 17 at 5:00 pm. Registration will be via the parent portal – more details to come. Login and password will be required. Registration for NEW Toddlers opens Monday, November 21 at 5:00 pm. Instructions will be available on the Schedule page of our website at that time. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration.
HOLIDAY RECITAL – CPAC CHILDREN’S PROGRAM
Holiday Recital for Movement, Dance I, Dance II, & Dance III will be held on December 12, 13, 14, & 15. Performances will begin promptly at 6 pm each evening. Dancers will be receiving their holiday costumes to take home later in November, as well as a note from their teacher with details regarding hair and costume pieces, in-class dress rehearsal, and their performance details. These notes will also be e-mailed out to each class later this month.
- We will have four individual performances the week of December 12-15 with a 6 pm start time. Your dancer will perform on the day of the week they normally dance each week, Friday classes will perform on Thursday.
- Your dancer will NOT have their regular class that week if they are performing in the Holiday recital.
- The Holiday Recital takes the place of your final class for the semester for our Movement, Dance I, Dance II and Dance III classes.
UNPAID TUITION? MONTHLY FINANCE CHARGES
All unpaid tuition has now been increased to full price. Beginning October 1st, any tuition balances remaining will incur a 10% monthly finance charge until the tuition fees are paid in full. All account balances must be paid in full by April 1st.
Monthly CPAC invoices will be sent out by the 15th of each month with payment due upon receipt.
IMPORTANT DATES – MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- Class in session Monday, November 21, 2022
- CPAC closed November 22 – November 27, 2022 (Thanksgiving Break)
- Holiday Recital for Movement, Dance I, Dance II, & Dance III – December 12, 13, 14, & 15
- Last day of classes – Thursday, December 15, 2022
- No CPAC Classes during Winter Break – Friday, December 16, 2022 – Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Classes resume Monday, January 2, 2023
- Spring Break – March 27 – March 31, 2023
- Last day of classes – Friday, May 5, 2023
- Dress Rehearsal for Spring Recital Performances – May 8 – May 11, 2023
- 25th Anniversary Spring Recital Performances May 12, May 13, & May 14, 2023
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICIES
The winter months will be upon us soon and that brings the possibility of winter weather and canceled classes. We do NOT automatically cancel classes when Columbia Public Schools cancel. We try to make our decisions about cancellations by 1:00 pm. We will send out AN EMAIL to everyone when classes are canceled. Please like us on Facebook (CPAC – Columbia Performing Arts Centre) and follow us on Instagram (ColumbiaPerformingArtsCentre) to receive updates as well.