THE MISSOURIAN PROGRESS IN ARTS AWARD – CONGRATULATIONS JEN LEE
The Missourian Progress Awards recognize the people who help make Columbia a great place to live and move us forward every year. Our very own Jen Lee, Artistic Director of Ensemble, has been nominated for the Arts award! We will share further details as we receive them, but if you see her at the studio, take a moment to tell her congratulations on her special nomination!
SPRING RECITAL COSTUME FEES ARE DUE DECEMBER 1, 2023
2024 Spring Recital costume fees have been posted to all accounts. The Spring Recital performances are May 17, 18 & 19, 2024. Please review the breakdown sent in a separate email on November 6 of which classes perform in each performance (please note this is not the actual order of each performance).
At least one Spring Recital costume fee PER CHILD must be paid on or before December 1, 2023, in order to ensure your child’s participation in the May 2024 performances. Please note that hip-hop classes are not charged a costume fee because they do costumes on their own. Please login to your online account to make a payment or call our office at 441-1818 between 4:30 – 8:30 Monday through Thursday.
If you are declining recital participation, we MUST receive written notice at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1 to remove the costume fees charged.
NOVEMBER TODDLER REGISTRATION – WINTER SESSION (JAN – MAY 2024)
Returning Toddlers currently enrolled in our 2-year-old 30-minute Toddler Class with Ms. Candace MUST register AGAIN in order to continue with the January – May session! Current CPAC families may register beginning Thursday, November 16 at 5:00 pm. Registration will be via the parent portal – more details to come. Login and password will be required.
Registration for NEW families to CPAC for Toddlers opens Monday, November 20 at 5:00 pm. Instructions will be available on the Schedule page of our website at that time. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration.
- Toddler Winter 49 Tu 11:45-12:15 Candace
- Toddler Winter 87 W 5:15-5:45 Candace
- Toddler Winter Th 5:15-5:45 Candace
- Toddler NEW Winter: Wednesday, 6:00-6:30 with Britney
HOLIDAY RECITAL – CPAC CHILDREN’S PROGRAM
Holiday Recital for Movement, Dance I, Dance II, & Dance III will be held on December 11, 12, 13, & 14. Performances will begin promptly at 6 pm each evening. Dancers will be receiving their holiday costumes to take home later in November, as well as a note from their teacher with details regarding hair and costume pieces, in-class dress rehearsal, and their performance details. These notes will also be e-mailed out to each class later this month.
- We will have four individual performances the week of December 11-14 with a 6 pm start time. Your dancer will perform ONLY on the day of the week they normally dance each week.
- Your dancer will NOT have their regular class that week if they are performing in the Holiday recital.
- The Holiday Recital takes the place of your final class for the semester for our Movement, Dance I, Dance II, and Dance III classes.
UNPAID TUITION? MONTHLY FINANCE CHARGES
All unpaid recreational class tuition has now been increased to full price. Beginning October 1st, any tuition balances remaining will incur a 10% monthly finance charge until the tuition fees are paid in full. All account balances must be paid in full by April 1st.
Recreation family monthly CPAC invoices will be sent out by the 15th of each month with payment due upon receipt.
IMPORTANT DATES – MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- 10% monthly finance charge to all outstanding tuition balances beginning October 1, 2023
- November 20 – Recreational, Troupe & Minitroop Classes and Rehearsals are in session. Ensemble Classes & Rehearsals are Cancelled.
- November 21-24 – Thanksgiving Break, No Classes or Rehearsals
- December 11 – 14 – Holiday Recitals (Movement, Dance I, Dance II, & Dance III Classes)
- December 14 – Last Day of Classes Prior to Winter Break
- January 8 – CPAC Classes Resume
- March 25 – 29 – Spring Break
- May 9 – Last Day of CPAC Classes
- May 13 – May 16 – Spring Recital Dress Rehearsals
- May 17-19 – Spring Recital Performances
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICIES
The winter months will be upon us soon and that brings the possibility of winter weather and canceled classes. We do NOT automatically cancel classes when Columbia Public Schools cancel. We try to make our decisions about cancellations by 1:00 pm. We will send out AN EMAIL to everyone when classes are canceled. Please like us on Facebook (CPAC – Columbia Performing Arts Centre) and follow us on Instagram (@ColumbiaPerformingArtsCentre) to receive updates as well.